Thread: operation failure errors

operation failure errors

Hi I registered from the CoSign free trial downloaded and installed the program without any errors at all.
    I then tried to sign a word document and I keep getting these operation failure errors each time I try to sign..

Please help...

Technical Support

Hi Kristopher ,

In most cases if you are getting the operation failed error while trying to sign it means that there is a communication problem beetwen your machine and the CoSign appliance .
    We can run a simple and quick test to see whats goin on .

Can you please open the CoSign control panel ( all programs >ARXCoSign>CoSign control panel ) .
    Once it is open please click on the graphical signature icon a pop box asking your username and password should appear please login with your credentials ,
    After the login is successful you should be able to see your name I e your signature ( like in my screen cap below ) , if you are able to perform this operation
    This means that is unlikely a networking problem and the problem is elsewhere.

Capture.PNG

Kristopher plese update me on the status so we can troubleshoot it further , you can allso always contact us at suppot@arx.com as well .

regards,

Roman

Hi Roman,
    When I open the CoSign control panel I don't even have the graphical signature icon, Do I need to re-install the program?

Technical Support

Hi Kristopher ,

If you are not seeing the Graphical Signatures icon, it means you do not have connection to the CoSign Appliance. Our CoSign Trial server is located in California (USA). Do you connect to the web through an authenticated proxy? If yes, please remove all proxy (CoSign client cannot use authenticated proxy) or create exception rules for the following DNS name/IP address: prime.cosigntrial.com alt1.cosigntrial.com to test the connection please go to > start>run>type cmd and press enter. A command line window will open . please type : telnet prime.cosigntrial.com 443 If you will get any error message it means that 443 port is closed or other network restrictions are causing this issue. In that case it would be up to your system administrator or it department to solve this issue for you . An empty black windows means the connection is fine, and the problem is elsewhere
    Can you please uopdae me if you are able to telnet the CoSign server on port 443 ?

Regards,

Roman

I’ve checked this with my IT department and they informed me that we do not have port 443 open
    I asked them to open that port for me and now it’s working properly,
    Thank very much for the help!

If you can telnet to prime.cosigntrial.com 443 without generating any errors (it leaves me with a flashing cursor in an empty window), what else can I do to test the setup?

Thanks.

Sales Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by mwerts View Post
    If you can telnet to prime.cosigntrial.com 443 without generating any errors (it leaves me with a flashing cursor in an empty window), what else can I do to test the setup?

Thanks.
    mwerts: What is the error you are experiencing? When you click the graphical signature icon within the CoSign Control Panel, does your name appear, or is the field blank?
    Graphical Signatures.jpg
    Jonathan Schreiber | Sales Engineer, Americas | ARX., Inc
    CoSign digital signatures keep your business moving!
    Learn more: flash demos, white papers, and brochure at www.arx.com

Email: support@arx.com