Thread: Inserting initials into MS word 2010

Inserting initials into MS word 2010

How do I initial a word document using cosign? I created 2 separate initials from the control panel, however when I try to sign, my initials do not show up in the signing dialog.
    Last edited by montoutem; 03-15-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Sales Engineering

Please follow the instructions located here for adding your Digital Signature to a Word/Excel document: http://www.arx.com/files/DOCUMENTS/C...osoft-2007.pdf

For instructions for adding your initials as a graphical signature to CoSign, please follow these instructions:

To add or change a graphical signature, follow the steps below:

1. Open the CoSign Control Panel by clicking Start > Programs > ARX CoSign > CoSign Control Panel
    2. To add graphical signatures, choose the Graphical Signatures icon from the control panel (Figure 1).
    3. The ARX Graphical Signatures Viewer appears (Figure 2). To add a new graphical signature, click New.
    4. The Create New Graphical Signature window appears. In this window you can do the following:

• Name the new graphical signature
    • Choose the Type of new graphical signature you’re adding – Signature, Logo or Initials
    • Capture a new graphical signature.
    5. There are 3 methods of inserting a new graphical signature into CoSign from the Capture Signature button:

• Uploading a JPEG/BMP image
    • Handwritten signature via Tablet PC/mouse
      Choose Tablet PC/mouse to insert a handwritten signature.
      With your mouse, write your signature in the Capture Signature window (Figure 4).
      To redo the signature click Clear. To save it, click OK.
    • Signature as text
      Choose Text to insert a textual signature.
      Enter the signers name in the Signature text field (Figure 4).
      You can change the text characteristics (font, color, size, style, etc.) by clicking Font.
      To save your signature, click OK.
    Jonathan Schreiber | Sales Engineer, Americas | ARX., Inc
    CoSign digital signatures keep your business moving!
    Learn more: flash demos, white papers, and brochure at www.arx.com

Email: support@arx.com

So please provide an example of a word document that has a line of information that needs to be initialed on the left side and then signed at the bottom. How does one place your initials in one section of the document and sign in another. I also do not see any of my initials showing up. When using Cosign in word 2010..only my signatures.

Sales Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Congobongo View Post
    So please provide an example of a word document that has a line of information that needs to be initialed on the left side and then signed at the bottom. How does one place your initials in one section of the document and sign in another. I also do not see any of my initials showing up. When using Cosign in word 2010..only my signatures.
    If you email in to support, I am happy to email back a sample word document as an attachment. For now, you should know that when you require multiple signatures (even if one is initials) you need to add the empty signature fields to the document prior to the first field being signed.

If you have uploaded a graphic of your initials, you'll need to set the signature field appropriately, through signature settings prior to signing. Please see the screenshot below.

signature-settings-Word.jpg
    Jonathan Schreiber | Sales Engineer, Americas | ARX., Inc
    CoSign digital signatures keep your business moving!
    Learn more: flash demos, white papers, and brochure at www.arx.com

Email: support@arx.com

Thank You for the good reply. I will test this out.