The Most Widely Used Solution in Government
“Every department in which we implemented it has been very pleased with how easy it is to use. We’re far from finished as we plan for CoSign to play an even more central role in our future.”
- Mary Weitzel, Technology Architect, Johnson County, Kansas
Whether federal or local, governmental organizations are under increasing pressure to streamline processes and reduce costs without sufficient human and budgetary resources to achieve these goals. In order to quickly transform their workflows, they need to locate operational zones that can be easily automated using cost-effective solutions.
A large percentage of the enormous amounts of documents that governments create require signatures, but an American City & County Study conducted in July 2014 indicates that 37% of all printed documents are printed for the sole purpose of adding signatures, with nearly 30% of the participants saying that they print more than half of all printed documents just to get them signed. 42% of the survey respondents said that collecting traditional signatures using pen & paper delays each signature-dependent process by 2-7 days. This makes paper-based signature-dependent processes one of the few areas that can be rapidly transformed without requiring substantial resources, and it can be easily accomplished by any government entity.
Digital signature solutions help government agencies quickly and easily achieve their goals by enabling the replacement of slow and expensive paper-based approval processes with fast, low-cost, and fully digital ones. They produce legally enforceable electronic records, eliminating the paper-related workflow bottlenecks and creating truly paperless organizations.
Many government entities are already using the CoSign digital signature solution to create more efficient yet fully secure digital environments for their employees and the communities they serve. CoSign is used at every government level around the world, including federal and central agencies, state, county and city-level organizations, court systems, departments of transportation, and many more.
“We’re using CoSign to sign any type of correspondence issued by our office, including legal pleadings, letters, and memos. When employees needed to take vacation or sick leave, they used to walk into my office every 30 minutes with paper documents for a wet signature approval, which could sometimes take a two-day turnaround time. With CoSign, it takes two seconds.”
- Martha Rodillas, Private Secretary, Corporation Counsel, County of Hawaii
A partial list of government organizations using CoSign:
- State and local transportation: South Carolina Department of Transportation, Oregon Department of Transportation, Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority.
- Counties and cities: City of Newark (New Jersey), Kane County (Illinois), Hawaii County (Hawaii), Contra Costa (California), Harris County (Texas), Johnson County (Kansas).
- State and local judicial and administration agencies: South Carolina Administrative Law Court, California Bureau of Forensic Sciences, Virginia Supreme Court, Florida State Board of Administration.
- Federal agencies: NASA, US Customs and Border Patrol, US Department of Transportation
- International local government agencies: City of Amsterdam (Holland), City of Rome (Italy), City of Townsville (Australia), Port of Barcelona (Spain), Cariboo Regional District (Canada), Wellington City Council (New Zealand).
- International central government agencies: The European Court of Human Rights (France), Senato Della Republica (Italy), Dutch Ministry of Justice, Turkey Department of Agriculture.
Why CoSign Digital Signatures?
Forrester named CoSign the “Strongest Digital Signature Solution” in its Forrester Wave™: E-Signatures, Q2, 2013 report. The report reinforces what our customers already know; CoSign provides benefits that cannot be matched by other signature providers:
- Control - CoSign adapts to the specific processes, technologies, user management and authentication needs of your government organization — not the other way around. By doing so, CoSign gives you the freedom to choose how to manage digital signatures in a way that best suits your internal regulations and standard operating procedures. Just as importantly, your documents remain in your user management system within your IT domain, ensuring they are always under your control and never routed through third-party servers.
- Compliance - CoSign’s based on international standards technology complies with regulations that are relevant to government organizations set by US and international government agencies such as the ESIGN and UETA acts (US), the Uniform Electronic Commerce Act (Canada), and the EU Directive for Electronic Signatures. CoSign also complies with the NIST, ETSI, JITC, and other public record regulations standards. CoSign’s FIPS 140-2 LEVEL 3 solution is validated for government agencies requiring a high level of security. Learn more about how CoSign complies with government regulations.
- Cost-effectiveness - By significantly reducing costly paper-related expenses such as printing, mailing, scanning, couriering and archiving, our government customers have reached ROI (Return on Investment) in months. The system’s low TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) is an additional benefit based on a quick install, minimal operational impact, and less than 10 hours of IT work per year.
- Choice - CoSign works with content authoring applications and file types you are already using, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PDF, PDF/A, InfoPath, TIFF, AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation and many more. It also integrates digital signatures into the document / content management or workflow automation system of your choice, including SharePoint, OpenText, Oracle, Alfresco, Nintex, K2 and many more. Equally important, users can work with any device to sign, whether they are at the office on their PC, at home on their tablet, or in the field using a mobile device.